Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Frings bitch-slapped - Italian futbol haywire...

Check out the dumbest disqualification EVER - this is the totally inane, post-match punch Frings threw at Cruz after the latter had - erm - bitch-slapped him. Man. I really think FIFA hates futbol if they're disqualifying people over this kinda thing...



Meanwhile, right on Big Match day, Italian sports prosecutors announced they are seeking the relegation of four top Italian teams over the Calciopoli scandal. Yup, four teams where 14 of the 22 azzurri play.

Juventus would get knocked all the way back to Serie C, with a 6 point penalty, while Lazio and Fiorentina would go back to Serie B with 15 points of penalty and Milan to Serie B with a 3-point penalty. Milan's owner/president, Silvio Berlusconi, calls it "political persecution" by - who could doubt it? - communist judges.

Juventus manager Fabio Capello was the first to jump, taking up a job managing Real Madrid. The great Italian star fire sale is now on...like the Feria del Arte, los de 300 a 75, los de 150 a 25. Want a knock-down price on Kaka? Nedved? Del Piero? Toni? Now's the time to move...

In the meantime, the German press has whipped the plebes to a fever pitch of anti-Italian frenzy, calling for a national boycott on pizza. Italian defender (and Pizza-chain owner) Fabio Cannavaro's response? "They don't know what they're missing!"

Oh, and on more match-related news, Lippi finally leaves his attack alone - he'll play Toni as lone striker again, with Totti behind him. Hmmmmmm. Well, it worked against Ukraine, why wouldn't it work against a team that's 10 times better?

3 Comments:

Blogger Daniel said...

I have been only once to Germany, Hanover. I was not struck by the abundance of Pizza parlors. Then again I was not going to Germany to eat pizza...... I suspect that this will be more a case of "cut your nose to spite your face". Now if pizza joints are burnt down tonight after an Italy victory....

3:26 PM  
Anonymous Alfredo Octavio said...

Va fan culo, Vittorio Pozzi and all italian bashers! Thanks to this blog I will go for Portugal tomorrow, I hope France get their ass kicked, just to punish your italian bashing. After that, the final will be lovely.
Forza Italia!!!!

6:48 PM  
Blogger Daniel said...

alfredo

i was thinking that i should wish for portugal to win tomorrow because if france beats portugal and then takes the cup, i will have to leave venezuela: all natives will hate me to take out brazil, i will not be able to buy bread or food as portuguese will resent me, no italian will fix my car or my house, and no spaniard will feed me or take care of my illness.

life will be hell for me in venezuela if france wins....

1:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home