Monday, June 12, 2006

Y mañana...ayyyyy mañana!

I'm soooooo excited! Tomorrow we get to see Togo, the most shambolic team to reach the World Cup possibly EVER. Should be great fun - I say South Korea 4 - Togo 0, and that's likely to be their best result in Germany!

Also the long awaited, much drooled over Brazilians (who will beat Croatia 2-0) and the closest thing yet to a local derby: Switzerland - France. Switzerland has the youngest team in Germany, France one of the oldest...and call me agist, but I think it will be close. I mean, can't they just let Zidane and Makelele live out their silver years in peace and quiet? Still, while I don't think France will come anywhere near winning the tournament, Switzerland is not the team to beat them. France 2, Switzerland 1.

10 Comments:

Anonymous sire said...

I don't think Togo will do so badly. Still, they may lose with one or two goal differences. After all, South Korea is not a top team - in 2006 their progressing so far amounted just to being at home and luck.


France and Switzerland will draw, I hope.

5:24 PM  
Blogger Francisco said...

South Korea is surely not a great team, but the shambles of the Togolese team are un-frikkin'-believable...these people were ON STRIKE two days before the start of play!!!!!!!! Even the players publicly acknowledge they are not prepared to play yet. It'll be a total mess out there...

5:36 PM  
Blogger ramonchis said...

My predictions for these games are:

Togo 0 - S.Korea 0 (or it might be a 4 to 4),
Brazil 2 - Croatia 2 (don't subestimate the Croatia team, don't overestimate the prima donnas team), Switzerland 0 - France 2.

There you have it, I can show I know less about football than you guys :-)

7:38 PM  
Blogger Harry Hutton said...

There is no such place as Togo. You are so gullible.

12:52 AM  
Blogger Harry Hutton said...

Seriously, have you ever met anyone from Togo? Have you ever met anyone who’s been to Togo? Of course you haven’t. No one has.

There is no such man.

12:53 AM  
Blogger Harry Hutton said...

Incidentally, who will your amusing President be supporting?

12:53 AM  
Blogger Daniel said...

harry

actually i have met someone from dahomey, next door country. does that count?

12:54 AM  
Blogger Harry Hutton said...

Togo, I imagine. Right, I'm going to get some sleep.

12:55 AM  
Blogger Elízabeth said...

You almost made go against my principles (to watch each and every game!) The little and shambolic team just scored!!!!

Cómo se dice el gentilicio de Togo en Castellano?
;-)
Liz

9:44 AM  
Blogger ramonchis said...

Este está chévere para un examen de selección múltiple: El gentilicio de Togo es:

Togonés
Toguense
Togoide
Togano
Togoniano
Toguero
Togino


O....

"De Togo"

6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home