Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Unbeleivable!

Almost like a bad flashback.

Spain starts brilliantly, a young energetic and upcoming team, and flounders badly.

France raises all sorts of doubts, an aging team, but suddenly experience, steadiness and creativity come back when most needed. Not that a silly umpire help is not welcome.....

I am speechless. And ecstatic! France has finally erased the awful, AWFUL, performance of Japan Korea. But French supporters are left emotional wrecks.

At any rate, now comes Brazil and after today's game with Ghana, I am hardly less confident than 3 hours ago....

The head goal of Vieira as a departing note for the day.

8 Comments:

Anonymous mumin said...

My sympathies (weak as they are, me being Swedish and all) actually swayed from Spain to France during the second half. I'm not quite sure why, but it became apparent to me as I didn't cry bloody foul when Henry took the dive that led to the 2-1 free kick.

May they beat Brazil!

5:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll just go cry in the corner now...

Quico

5:24 PM  
Anonymous sire said...

No need for debating about age. It's just that the best players available should play, regardless of their age. And this seemed to be the case, France played their best game in this world cup yet. Looking forward to the revanche with Brazil!

5:41 PM  
Blogger JPJP0883 said...

I just hope we can see the best of games for zizou --be either his last or not-- a worthy adversary!!
To the best of games and that for once we may have a referee with brain and balls.

GO PORTUGAL!! I will get beaten-up in da England... You know what? I will just go to a friggin Scottish pub...

7:56 PM  
Blogger Boli-Nica said...

F...the French....anyway they did good, one touch of genius is all you need.

Espa~a tiene una suerte del carajo, talk about bad luck.

1:14 PM  
Blogger Vittorio Pozzi said...

Poor Spain. France were just too good for them yesterday and we could see a classic Brazil - France on Saturday afternoon.

Quico - what about Spain playing 7 games - your prediction? And England? The English I know prefer to win ratehr than play well as in 2002 and still get knokced out. Only the English can complain when they win.

I still tip them to get at least to the final and they will beat Portugal on Saturday.

5:09 PM  
Anonymous Domingo Ruiz said...

I was rooting for Spain, but man, ¡qué golazo el de Zidane!

9:22 AM  
Anonymous Alfredo Octavio said...

Vittorio is a liar and a pretender... fake, fake, fake.

1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home