Thursday, June 22, 2006

Bounced Czech


Italy scored early, deciding to go for a win and play it safe in next round (good call from Quico). The Czechs lost one player. 45 minutes more of game with one less man and an Italian team that will lock itself up. Have you noticed that there seems to be always like 15 Italian players around Baros or Nedved whenever these go on Italian grounds?

And Ghana just scored a penalty against the US, to take a 2-1 lead. Tough, tough for the Czech. Unluckily Venezuelan broadcast in San Felipe only give the Italy game. I need cable to watch Ghana US.... And no cable at work. Not to mention that I do have to work :(

4 Comments:

Blogger Francisco said...

Well, we can be happy about the Ghaneans anyway.

The other thing is how deliciously unpredictable futbol is. In all the pre-game speculation I read - and trust me, I read a lot - I didn't see Materazzi mentioned ONCE. Suddenly Nesta gets hurt, he comes in, and becomes the hero of the game. Not only did he scored (his first goal ever for the National team) but he's beating Baros like a rented mule. Great fun...

11:09 AM  
Blogger Francisco said...

Inzaghi! Inzaghi!

11:21 AM  
Blogger Francisco said...

Well, I think I'll be dining on a big steaming plate of my own words tonight. The Czechs just weren't up to it.

Ghana-Brazil is going to be a great game.

11:55 AM  
Anonymous Stef said...

It is true that football is unpredictable but I would say that it is also true that you are wrong most of the times. It is great fun to read your blog!!!

3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home